Thank you for your interest in Saint Maur International School, Yokohama.
Established in 1872, Saint Maur is the oldest international school in Asia and third oldest in the world. The school, which is co-educational, caters to students from age 2 ½ through high school from multi-cultural, and diverse faith & language backgrounds. We provide a quality education within a caring and nurturing family environment, and although traditional in values, are progressive in educational innovation.
Job applicants should be in keeping with and agree to promote the school’s philosophy, goals and objectives, and with the exception of the position for the French School, should apply only if they meet the following requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- be qualified and hold a teaching credential in the subject(s) they are applying for
- have had a minimum of three or more years of full-time teaching experience within a recognized English-medium educational system, preferably in a multi-cultural setting
- be able to effectively utilize technology within the classroom
- be able to cope with students of mixed abilities some for whom English is not a first language
- submit their CV/resume by email to email@example.com
- submit clear copies of their degrees and teaching credentials
- provide with the application the name and email contact of at least four people who can testify to their teaching ability, classroom management skills, character, and application suitability as we would like to send our own evaluation form. At least two of the four people should be past employers, one the present employer and one from a current principal or direct manager/supervisor.
Job Openings for the 2020-2021 academic year starting August 2020
Elementary and Montessori-Preschool
- Qualified & Experienced Montessori, Pre-School (ages 2 ½ ~ 5+) Teacher
Experience in inquiry based curriculum, ie. IPC/PYP. Preferably with Math Investigations and Reader's and Writer's Workshop knowledge
- Religious Studies (of Catholic faith), possibly HOD
Ability to teach world religions