Thank you for your interest in Saint Maur International School, Yokohama.
Established in 1872, Saint Maur is the oldest international school in Asia and third oldest in the world. The school, which is co-educational, caters to students from age 2 ½ through high school from multi-cultural, and diverse faith & language backgrounds. We provide a quality education within a caring and nurturing family environment, and although traditional in values, are progressive in educational innovation.
Job applicants should be in keeping with and agree to promote the school’s philosophy, goals and objectives, and with the exception of the position for the French School, should apply only if they meet the following requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- be qualified and hold a teaching credential in the subject(s) they are applying for
- have had a minimum of three or more years of full-time teaching experience within a recognized English-medium educational system, preferably in a multi-cultural setting
- be able to effectively utilize technology within the classroom
- be able to cope with students of mixed abilities some for whom English is not a first language
- submit their CV/resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit clear copies of their degrees and teaching credentials
- submit reference letters if you already have in your file from educators holding administrative positions
- provide with the application the name and email contact of at least four people who can testify to their teaching ability, classroom management skills, character, and application suitability as we would like to send our own evaluation form. At least two of the four people should be past employers, one the present employer and one from a current principal or direct manager/supervisor.
Job Openings for the 2019-2020 academic year starting August 16, 2019
Elementary School Principal for the 2019-2020 academic year
- Start Date: August 1, 2019 Application Deadline: February 15, 2019
- All information about this position is available here
Computer Science Teacher with IB Computer Science experience, preferably with a background in robotics or design technology, and IGCSE Computer Science. Experience in IGCSE is not a requirement as long as the candidate has strong IB experience.
- Need to be comfortable using both IOS and Windows operating systems
- Confidence in project based learning and ability to work as a team are essential, in order to continue the vertically aligned development of Secondary Computer Science and Robotics
- Robotics Clubs - occasional weekend/after-school commitment required
Elementary School Teachers who have experience teaching an inquiry based curriculum, preferably the IPC or PYP curriculum